The references

Alrighty, so before I reveal to you the finished piece I thought I'd show you a few more of the references I used.

So for my colour choices I had decided to go a little bit like the sketches from the end credits of Paranorman. In that I was interested in just two colours. I liked the way they looked in relation to the first half of my animation though I knew I would need to soften it up. After all it's a Christmas card and not a Halloween card. 


 This is the animated video for Giangrande's song paper planes. It uses cut outs and I considered the style during my original character inception. However I became heavily interested in the idea of just having a few colours throughout the animation.

This animation, quite frankly was a little weird, It's another paper cut out animation however this one is flatter than the Giangrande music video. I decided I thought that the depth was the thing I likes about paper cut outs after viewing these two films in succession.


I know I already showed you nightmare before christmas but it really does have a lot to do with my idea and it would have been very poor research if I hadn't looked at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment