What's up doc? The Animated Documentary

Ok so I promised I'd come back to this project and now I can.

In this particular project we had a chance to work with the first year film and telly students. We had to create an animated documentary that was a fusion of the two medias. So when I first met my group we had a few ideas to work with and eventually we chose to work on.

Infact it became rather convenient, we had decided on the topic of sleep paralysis and luckily Eli's sleep paralysis suffering brother was in town for the weekend. So they chose to interview him while he was here.

Then we discovered that his girlfriend, who he has brought with him, also suffered from sleep paralysis. Which was a great coincidence. So Eli and Alia interviewed them both.

Now the unfortunate thing for me was that they were highly animated themselves and I found it very difficult to input any animation. However we decided on a few scenes where it would be possible. So we finished the film and after our crit, Well basically I had a LOT of work to do hahaha.

SO! I re-evaluated which scenes were good and which needed tweaked. We knew that we would have liked certain things white on black and not black on white, however in the initial edit we couldn't find a way to work that. But after a week or so and some internet research I found a way to do that! Yet it only looked good on one scene. Then just to extra annoy me I couldn't apply any extra effects like a time stretch... so it made the scene short.

I'm going to shut up and just let you look at it now...


No comments:

Post a Comment