Sea Change

 I've found myself getting increasingly bored across the holidays (this has been the first new year I haven't had a game to waste my time completing in the weeks before returning to school, ugh) so I found myself at one point in an exhibition. Woo. (sincere woo btw).

 The exhibition was called sea change, it was influenced by Scotland's Northern and Western isles. It is work brought together by 60 artists and scientists and took all together 3 years across 28 of the Scottish isles. I have to say it wasn't the scientific prospect that drew me to the exhibition. Haha, no, I was drawn in by these little guys...


Hahaha I don't apologise for my childishness, not at all.


So here's a close up. This one was sitting at the entrance to the exhibition. 

Here's the rest of the exhibition too.




These ones here. I have a funny story about. So I stood in front of these for quite some time trying to decide how I thought they were made. After searching and finding no description anywhere close to the pieces. I decided to keep looking till I came up with a hypothesis to which began to interest others. Amongst my family and I were several other interested art enthusiasts trying to think our way through the artists' process.  As far as I remember we didn't get much further than water and ink and some sort of expanding paper were involved. We're clearly not that good at this.


I adored these. I loved the beautiful shade of blue that's the only colour used in these illustrations. They're a little unusual for an illustration in the way that the proportions are stretched or elongated in almost crude manors where as typically illustrations are very pretty. However this slightly unusual animal appearance works to help create the details here. 


This was a perfect piece to have in the botanic's exhibition space as it's very similar to botanical plant drawings, which I myself am fond of.



(really sorry that you can see me in this one. There's a lot of light in that room)




Love these as well. Something simple and beautiful about them.



This series of pictures took my cousin a very long time to figure out. They are very simple pictures of trees and bushes. But they're very nice trees and bushes.

Accompanying these collections very films, documentaries, scientific experiments and one video that was just a bit odd... 

Unfortunately I can't tell you who did any of the works. I couldn't exactly figure it out from the plaques around the works. A lot of them didn't have plaques and those that did often didn't give me a name. Never the less I did find their website which I have been browsing for a little while as it really isn't that easy to work.  Found some stuff about the bird yarn. Damn they're cute. Here go check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment