World in a room - animatics

For some reason I thought I hadn't finished both my animatics for world in a room. But I have and before you see them I would like to point out that I have actually tweaked the ideas just a little bit. The part in each of these animatics where there are shadow effects on the walls, I am changing. I am still going to use the shadows as a device to show the reason they decide to forgive each other, but I'm not going to make it to hard for myself by actually using people or objects. I am just going to change the dynamics of the lights to create emotion and hopefully those will be emotions of forgiveness. 

I googled examples but if there's one thing I'm learning from being at university it's that the internet is completely useless and only idiots post things on it. I did find on decent site that I refer to for several film things. Might check it later as I have a lighting idea where the room gets brighter from in front of the character and the camera views the character from a 3/4 view so we can see the light hit them like a metaphor for coming to a realisation type thing.

Anyway bear that in mind when you watch these animatics. I could probably change them but at this stage the timings are pretty much worked out and if I know what I'm doing here so I can't really be bothered changing it now. 

So this is the animatic for the stop motion half of the film. This half (just incase you haven't read any of my posts below, shame on you btw) is about the character who is left upset by the argument. 


Ok so there it is. I'm still not 100% on some of the end pacing where the character looks up and then to the door but I am now running around 5 seconds over so I really can't push this any further. I believe changing the shadow scene a bit may rectify this. This one is paced slower by the use of longer scenes with fewer cuts. In total there are only a few takes and I may still see if I can run some takes together as the less takes there are the slower the pacing feels. 

Now onto the second animatic. This one has lots of cuts as it is a faster paced piece with lots of close ups, as close ups are the perfect angle for displaying character emotions. I would like to get started with this as soon as possible but I have so many questions to ask my technician first. However this is the priority as I don't have the 3D printed head for my stop motion character. I am getting a bit off topic now. Here is the anger animatic.



The same thing applies to this one, the shadow part - that's the bit with the people on the wall- is coming out in favour of the scenario described above. Have you already seen this? I can't honestly remember. Anyway I can't type tonight so I'm off before you can no longer read this.

Might be a while before you get your next update as I have a lot of animation to get my teeth into before the end of the month. But on the bright side after that you get to see the finished film! hooray right? yeah. Ok bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment