world in a room update - secondary animatics

This project has turned out to be very enjoyable. I very much assumed I would hate this project as I assumed I would have a lot to catch up on after my holiday. However I have taken to Maya very quickly and now have many of my scenes done. I still need a little help from my technician about certain things, however I am as finished as I can be cg wise without his help.

 This weekend I have dedicated some time to editing. I have been checking my pacing and timings all weekend. To start off with I have adapted my animatic with some of my play blasted footage from Maya to see what it looked like and to see if my timings were still correct. I had taken my animatic with me to the P7 studio in order to be able to tell the timing but I thought I would just check. As it turned out one of my timings was wrong. But I will edit it in post production (I hope, I'm pretty sure I can in one of the softwares) so here's that.

Now bear in mind that because it's made up from screen blasts the quality is not amazing. Like really bad.


Alright so where to start with this... I believe I've realised some timing issues. He's pacing far to quickly and I need him to hold his head a little longer when he moves it up or to the side or something. However the strangest thing about this animatic is it now appears jumpier and faster than the original animatic and I think that's because you're brain is trying to adapt between the drawing and the CG.

The next thing I did this evening was cut the two storyboards together to get an understanding of where I would like to go with the edit. I had done a lot of work before, at storyboard level, to develop two separate stories that would combine together. However my original idea was to have them begin to parallel each other towards the end of the film so that the viewer could begin to see that they are the same character in different places - such as the brief states. However I also wrote the storyboards to make it appear as if they were feeding off each other. Which meant I had left myself obvious markers for weaving the story together. I was actually pretty relieved that they cut together well because after making the animatic above I was worried this was going to turn out completely crap. My relief when this ran together very well.

Now there are still timings here that I would like to fix however because I decided to cut up the animatics instead of using the individual cells I am unable to extend things further than the length of that particular part in the animatic. So there are parts of this, specifically in the middle, where I would like things to run for slightly longer but this is the pretty much the pacing and plot that I want for this.




No comments:

Post a Comment